Skip to content
- Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS): We are also endeavoring to prevent malaria by undertaking indoor residual spraying (IRS) as a means of killing the mosquitoes that transmit the malaria. This involves application of a long-lasting contact killing insecticide on the inside walls of dwellings and other structures in malaria prevalent villages. The insecticide and techniques used are those mandated by the WHO and the government of Malawi. Working through a Rotary International grant with our K2 TASO partners and the Lilongwe Rotary Club , we have been instrumental in the protection of approximately 25,000 people in 9 villages until November of 2018 with a plan to continue and expand this program beyond then.
- Medical Supply Donation: As part of our medical mission trip, we provide desperately needed life saving medical supplies, medications, and equipment (such as an aquarium pump bubble CPAP machine to save premature babies and an ultrasound machine). These are donated to the hospitals where we work as well as to K2TASO, our Malawian NGO partner, which provides support and medication for the HIV positive population of the Kasungu area where we work.
- Famine Relief: We have provided over $10,000 in famine relief, thus far, through direct purchase and distribution of desperately needed food, making the difference between life and death in many cases
- Micro-Credit Bank: We have founded a micro-credit bank to help fund local business endeavors run by impoverished farm women (initial loans: 11 groups funded with all of the loans paid back ).
- Orphan Tuition/School Support: We are providing school costs for several orphans
- School Laptop Computer Donation: We are donating laptop computers filled with educational software to 2 local schools in Malawi
- Telemedicine Project: This enables US doctors to see patients in Malawi via Skype and assist in their care) set up a telemedicine program at St. Andrews Hospital.